Location: Currently based working from home but in the future we will expect presence in our Wimbledon Head Office (there may be times you can work from home)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full time (35 hours per week)
Domestic & General’s purpose is to keep our customer’s world running by delivering an essential service that never lets them down. We are on an exciting journey, transforming our business in line with the Group’s Strategy outlined in an ambitious five-year plan.
We are excited to announce that we are seeking a Data Scientist to join our Data Science Team.
Reporting to the Data Science Manager, the Data Scientist has a key role in ensuring the successful delivery of the company’s data science strategy across a high-volume product portfolio. The successful individual will work as part of a Data Science team to deliver the pricing and marketing strategy using innovative machine learning and advanced analytics techniques.
About the role:
- Evolve and continuously improve the company’s data science models using advanced analytic and machine learning techniques.
- Contribute to the on-going development of the overall data science strategy.
- Deliver comprehensive analyses and modelling projects.
- Ensure technically and commercially viable solutions are delivered for new and renewed product requirements.
- Be able to analyse, communicate and explain pricing & marketing recommendations in a way that will influence key stakeholders from across the business.
- Monitor performance, profitability and competitor behaviour to help build and maintain pricing optimisation.
- Ensure that pricing recommendations result in customers being treated fairly.
**Please note that initially, the role will be based working from home but will move to a hybrid model of home and office-based working in the future.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Proficient of a range of programming and statistical tools, including R ,Python and SQL.
- A comprehensive knowledge of ML models including linear and non-linear models.
- Excellent experience in data wrangling.
- High level of numerical accuracy and attention to detail with in-depth statistical skills.
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills.
- Innovative and pragmatic problem solver.
- Ability to explain complex pricing, marketing and data science theories to non-technical colleagues clearly and with authority.
- Understanding and ability to actively implement statistical tests and analyses, Scripting and automation techniques for efficient model implementations.
- Ability to deliver against tight and changing deadlines and priorities.
- Strong understanding of pricing and marketing models and methodology as well as the key drivers of performance.
- Experience of specialist pricing software such as Earnix.
In return, we offer:
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank/public holidays, as well as an annual option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Training opportunities as well as clearly defined career progression
- Health cash plan – employer funded cover to enable you to claim money back on essential healthcare costs, including dental, optical, physiotherapy and many more. Cover also includes unlimited access to a 24/7 virtual GP service
- Attractive company pension scheme
- Life assurance – employer funded cover of 4x basic salary
- Dedicated online benefit portal offering access to saving and lending facilities, financial wellbeing and support services:
- Salary Finance – access to savings and borrowing through payroll
- Car Leasing – access to a carbon neutral salary sacrifice car leasing scheme, with an all-inclusive monthly cost covering all charge, taxes, insurance, repairs and maintenance on a range of brand new vehicles
- Travel Loans – interest free loans to help spread the cost of annual travel tickets
- Cycle to Work – tax efficient bike and cycling equipment worth up to £1,000
- Health & Wellbeing – discounted gym membership, online virtual workout sessions, online culinary classes
- Employee Assistance Programme – specialist advice and support on issues such as finance, relationships, illness and family issues
- Free Domestic & General protection plan – one free plan each year with access to discounted rates of up to 50% on additional plans, including referrals for family and friends
- Employee discounts – access to discounted Sky TV and broadband packages, together with a range of discounts for 100s of online and high street retailers
Domestic & General are an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people fairly. We view all applications equally, regardless of gender, colour, ethnic background, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. We also have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.