Location: Can be located within a commutable distance to any of our UK offices.
Hours: 35 hours per week
Are you on the lookout for a new position to progress you career here at D&G? Do you have a desire and passion to work with Mi and data analysis? If so, we may have the career opportunity you have been looking for!
We are excited to share that we are looking for an MI Developer to join our highly successful Group MI department. This position can be based at any of our offices but will initially be home based. As we move towards our Hybrid ways of working, some visits to our offices will be required.
The successful individual will report directly to the Head of MI Development supporting and owning all internal and external reporting. We are seeking a technically minded individual with exceptional analytical skills to develop robust and innovative MI and reporting solutions for Domestic and General.
About the Role
- Develop and deliver MI solutions to meet the defined needs of key stakeholders across Domestic and General
- Deliver MI Solutions to agreed scope and within set timelines, ensuring robustness and integrity of MI solutions at all times
- Work with the MI Development framework to define, design, build, test & deliver MI solutions
- Ensure robust control & governance around data, data dictionaries, naming conventions and other tools used to ensure quality of MI
- Work with internal teams across the business to share MI best practice and processes
- Continuously review MI to ensure utilisation and redesign where required
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders whilst promoting the MI function to other areas of the business
You will already have relevant experience within an MI development / Data Analyst position with:
- The ability to produce analysis from data sets within a predefined framework, accurately and on time
- Advanced MS Office application skills including Excel & Access
- SQL programming/ data wrangling experience
- Knowledge of MS Azure (desirable)
- An Analytical approach and solutions focused
Please note that this role will be home based initially, with the potential for a mix of office and home-based working in the future. You will therefore need to live within a commutable distance to one of our UK based offices.
In return we offer:
- Annual leave – 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays) with an annual option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Health cash plan – employer funded cover to enable you to claim money back on essential healthcare costs, including dental, optical, physiotherapy and many more. Cover also includes unlimited access to a 24/7 virtual GP service
- Pension scheme – matched employer contributions up to 5% of basic salary
- Life assurance – employer funded cover of 4x basic salary
- Dedicated online benefit portal offering access to saving and lending facilities, financial wellbeing and support services:
- Salary Finance – access to savings and borrowing through payroll
- Car Leasing – access to a carbon neutral salary sacrifice car leasing scheme, with an all-inclusive monthly cost covering all charge, taxes, insurance, repairs and maintenance on a range of brand new vehicles
- Travel Loans – interest free loans to help spread the cost of annual travel tickets
- Cycle to Work – tax efficient bike and cycling equipment worth up to £1,000
- Health & Wellbeing – discounted gym membership, online virtual workout sessions, online culinary classes
- Employee Assistance Programme – specialist advice and support on issues such as finance, relationships, illness and family issues
- Free Domestic & General protection plan – one free plan each year with access to discounted rates of up to 50% on additional plans, including referrals for family and friends
- Employee discounts – access to discounted Sky TV and broadband packages, together with a range of discounts for 100s of online and high street retailers
We are Domestic & General. We’re a proud partner to leading manufacturer and retail brands worldwide, taking the worry out of appliance breakdowns for almost 9 million customers in the UK.
We’re looking for skilled professionals dedicated to putting customers at the heart of what we do. We have a five-year plan to transform the way we work, serve our customers and take care of our colleagues – and you can help make it happen
Domestic & General is an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.